07 April 2010

jackson

I wake up in the middle of night, dying of thirst, f I'm not use to liquor really but I know enough that if I don't find water well quick the next day is gonna be horrible pain on top of dealing with mum. I gulp down three glasses, cursing the tiny little paper cups people always stick in their WC's, I mean who the f drinks that little of anything except liquor without wanting more?
F, I feel like a swallowed a cotton plant. I juggle three small cups from the WC back to the bed, narrowly avoiding falling all over my muddy kicks, and position them careful on the small table next to my side before I notice that there's a giant bottle of water sitting there.
'Fucking genious, Jackson,' I mutter. There's a nice cool breeze coming through the half-open door to a little porch, kinda sparkling with salt, and the surf is crashing away, f it's like I've been transported back to last time when I was here, what was I, like six, seven? It seems like forever and I never was told why mum and pops never took me back. I find the leftover Johnny and the bottle, cracking open both and taking a big gulp of the water before realizing I didn't even check to see if it had gas or was still.
It's nice out here, a little cool, just naked in the dark listening to the sea. I always did this when I was little, afraid of getting caught but the seabreeze just feels so good against my skin.
Tommy's got to be nervous, I guess, f, I'm nervous, wondering if mum is coming down cos she implanted some sort of GPS on me or if she reads my mind or maybe what Auntie said bout her and dad is true. I mean I don't have any brothers or sisters but I can figure that she would want to see her sister if pops and her really did split, Auntie's such a sweet woman.
But if that's the reason she's wandering right into the most awkward f'ing situation just like me and well I'd rather spend two days at the dentist. The other thing going through my head is why she quit him, I mean, if it's my fault I do feel bad. Even after that massive row...she's still my mum.
Bad thoughts are creeping into my mind now, I mean the only special thing that time was me getting in the middle of their fight, they'd fought way worse plenty of times before.
It's a question that makes me wonder if there was more going on than I could see through my thick head.
More Johnny. I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow. Slow down, Jackson, if you think it's gonna be shit wait til what happens if you're obvious shitfaced.
Nothing she can say is gonna change my mind, to be sure, I don't have doubts at all about me and Tommy except exactly how we're gonna manage for the first bits til we get shit sorted.
My eyes are starting to shut now so I take a big gulp of each bottle and stumble inside, pleasantly calm and warm for now. Tommy is sleeping on his back like always, no f'ing clue how he can walk after sleeping like that. I curl up on top of his naked chest and let the soft breeze of his breath carry me off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment